Sunday, 6 September 2026

Interesting TikTok statistics

For the first time I did now check the user statistics of my videos on Tiktok. And very interesting: must "users" only stay on each video for only 2 seconds.

Even considering that my videos may not be very popular, it is still quite unlikely that human users only watch 2 seconds and then already know that this is not for them. I suspect that these statistics does not come from human users, but from automated bots which scan the beginning of each new video posting and store / evaluate it somehow.

Here is the statistics for my mots recent video:




After 5 seconds there are only 1% of the original viewers still watching. These are the real humans. Therefore, one would need to take the reported number of viewers/listeners with a grain of salt - not to be taken too literally.

The same behavior is the same for ALL my videos on Tiktok - the "majority" of users only watches 2 seconds. The TikTok admins may need to do something about this and report a proper statistics, without including the automated bots which only peek once into each video.

A total number of 367 viewers is currently reported after I corrected the "non-licenced" audio of this video and replaced it with TikTok recommended audio. 10 Likes so fare, the most of all my videos on TikTok. And I assume these are not bots but real human viewers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment